In today’s fast-paced business environment, prompt, effortless, and unobtrusive communication of important information can be the decisive factor in determining whether your teams thrive or falter. This is where digital notice boards make their mark as an efficient way to share company news, updates, and any useful information.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to make a digital bulletin board and see how leveraging them can help your teams perform better by bringing a consistent flow of reliable, timely, real-time information across your organisation.
What is a digital notice board?
A digital notice board is a form of digital signage that allows users to display various types of information and messages digitally. It is a modern alternative to traditional bulletin boards and posters that are found in public places like schools, universities, offices, airports, hospitals, or manufacturing facilities.
Digital notice boards typically use LCD or LED screens, which can display a range of multimedia content, including text, images, videos, and animations. By using cloud-based software, the content on the digital notice board can be easily updated and managed from anywhere, anytime, making it a convenient and efficient way to disseminate information to a large audience.
One of the most popular features of a digital noticeboard includes the ability to schedule and customise messages, display news and weather updates, live data dashboards and integrate with social media platforms. Digital bulletin boards may also include interactive features that turn them into touch screens, allowing users to interact with the displayed content.
How to make a digital bulletin board
Irrespective of the size of your organisation, making an electronic notice board is worth the effort and the investment. With the right technology in place, it can also be simple to implement. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating your virtual notice board:
Set your hardware ready
Depending on your organisation’s size and needs, you may have to install one or several screens. Ensure you select screens that are large enough to make key messages easily visible, are bright enough to not be affected by sunlight or bright locations and have 24/7 on-time capabilities to ensure they can stay on all day without getting damaged.
Media players are what allow you to display important information across your screens. They are a critical component of creating a digital noticeboard. Pre-configured media players pull the latest updates from your digital signage platform and display them on your screens.
Select digital bulletin board software
Having selected and installed your media players and screens, you will then need digital signage software that allows you to create, manage, and deploy key messages to your digital bulletin boards.
Cloud-based software you will be able to control the displayed content remotely and centrally. This allows you to ensure consistency and up-to-date information across your entire network of bulletin boards.
Make use of 3rd party integrations, videos and more, to ensure you’re showing the most important messages on your digital boards. Use graphics, fonts, animations, and audio to make your messages stand out. Also, consider adding custom fonts and graphics that represent your brand.
Prepare your messages
Create clear, concise content that is easy for your audience to understand. Ensure you keep your content regularly updated to keep your messages fresh.
Schedule your messages
With scheduling, features choose exactly when your messages play on your screens. Plan content in advance and automate your message deployment down to the second. Scheduling features are perfect for future campaigns and managing your workload. By scheduling your content in advance, you remove the need of having somebody physically travel around to each site to update your key messages. Save time and communicate effectively.
Why you should consider digital display boards
Electronic notice boards effectively disseminate information to employees and customers in a visually appealing and dynamic way. They improve the retention of the information conveyed to employees and even customers. Digital display boards are effective for internal communication and work with existing channels to provide an extra layer of information sharing to engage your employees better.
Many workers prefer to have key messages displayed on screens around their workplace. This is mostly due to the fact that the channel keeps them informed of important company ongoings even when they don’t have access to traditional channels such as intranets or email. This makes digital bulletin boards an ideal solution for keeping everyone informed throughout the day, week, month, and year.
Benefits of using a digital bulletin board
- Improved information absorption: Through the regular deployment of key messages throughout the day, digital bulletin boards provide an additional visual information channel, making it easier for employees to retain company news, information, peer activities, and career opportunities.
- Empowers employees: Posting empowering messages on bulletin boards is a great way to boost morale and productivity in the workplace. Screens enable you to share company and employee milestones to let your teams know how well they’re doing. Digital bulletin boards can also be used as a tool for education.
- Enhances productivity: Not all staff have the time to live in their inbox looking at every message that comes through. A digital bulletin board ensures your most important messages are seen by everyone. Going digital can save time and increase efficiency by providing automation, clarity and consistency in your internal communication.
- Establishes a sense of community: Digital bulletin boards promote workplace social cohesion by allowing everyone to post and read messages.
- Improves collaboration: Digital bulletin boards allow for easy sharing of knowledge and insights, making collaboration much more straightforward.
- Improves branding and exposure: Digital bulletin boards enhance the reach and exposure of key messages, replacing traditional paper newsletters and mailing lists. Content can be created to meet exact brand specifications. This keeps your messages recognisable and looking great.
- Cost-effective: Digital bulletin boards are a one-time expenditure (compared to traditional channels such as posters) that won’t need to be re-installed and replaced each time an update is made. This makes them a more economical and sustainable option. Employee resource is also saved as a single employee can update a network of digital bulletin boards in minutes rather than the hours of physical labour involved with posters.
- Eco-friendly: Digital bulletin boards are only installed once, reducing paper waste and making them a more environmentally friendly option.
- Helpful in sharing multiple pieces of information: Digital bulletin boards allow users to tailor and add content based on individual preferences. This means it’s possible to display different content simultaneously.
- Better customer experience: Digital bulletin boards offer customers detailed, accurate, and simple-to-grasp content, making it easier to view and understand important information in seconds.
- Focuses on essential facts: From policies and warnings to progress and success, highlight essential information that drives your organisation forwards. Share key facts and results and spur your teams to achieve more.
Digital Bulletin Boards: Ensuring Key Messages Are Heard
Effective internal communication is a hallmark of organisational success. One of the main challenges, however, is the risk of too much information being disseminated at the same time. It’s common for modern businesses to rely on various channels (slack, emails, video calls etc) to share messages and updates with employees. But this can result in a sea of information, one in which key messages are easily overlooked or completely missed.
This is ultimately where digital bulletin boards can add the most value. Using digital screens to relay important messages can save time, increase engagement and improve productivity and morale – all of which feed into the success of an organisation. With the right solution in place, it’s possible to create a much more efficient and sustainable system of communication.
Speak to an expert today and see how digital signage can maximise the impact of your key messages.